Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This I Believe

1. http://thisibelieve.org/dsp_ShowEssay.php?keywords=Music&themelist=sports&uid=10805&yval=0&start=0

2. By: Roxana from Inglewood, CA

3. Title: MAKING TIME FOR EXERCISE

4. The belief of this passage is that one should always make time to exercise.

5. The first example from this story is that every morning Roxana wakes up at 4:30 am to go running everyday of the week. The second example is that she runs marathons so her physical training is very important to her.

6. My favorite passage is this: "I am joined by Meryl and Julio on Wednesday and Thursdays. They are the appointment which keeps me accountable. If I don't show-up, Meryl will chid me with, (Hey lazybones, slept in and ditched us yesterday, huh?) The mother of an 8 year old and a working dental hygienist, she is an elite runner as she can complete a marathon in 3.5 hours while I take 5 hours."

No comments: