Thursday, January 17, 2008

Week 5 Post A

VOCAB
pg. 185 cistern- a reservoir or a tank holding water
pg. 196 poinciana-a tropical tree

FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE

pg. 191 "AH!" This is an example of onomatopoeia.

pg. 205 "The scream didn't sound like Genie. It sounded like a girl."
This quote is definitely ironic.

pg. 204 There is about two paragraphs of similes and metaphors all talking about the islands of the everglades.

QOUTE

"I'm going to nominate you for Dickhead of the Year Award." pg. 199

This has been my favorite quote of the entire book so far. When i read this I was seriously on the floor laughing. I completely agree with Honey that Boyd is completely a dickhead. He is so naive to think that Eugenie leaving with some cruel joke that they were playing on him.

THEME

I am now completely confident that the theme of this book is revenge.

No comments: